Jeff Goodman has his list of transfers in college basketball, including a lot that have to do with the Big Sky. So, let's take a quick peek at who is transferring in and out of the conference.
- Clint Thomas - Idaho State (walk-on)
- Travis Meeker - Northern Arizona
- DeWayne Russell - Northern Arizona (to Grand Canyon - he transferred before the year, obviously)
- Andre Winston - Portland State
- Lamont Prosser - Portland State (midseason transfer)
- Ryan Okwudibonye - Sacramento State
- Case Rada - Sacramento State
- Drake Thomas - Southern Utah
- Chris Nsenki - Southern Utah
- Royce Williams - Weber State
- Josh Fuller - Weber State
- Carson Shanks - North Dakota (from Utah State)
- Keonta Vernon - Northern Arizona (from Wyoming)
- KJ Bluford - Northern Arizona (from Iowa State)
In all, the transfers coming in should have big impacts, as is typically the case at this level. Of the transfers leaving, DeWayne Russell obviously was talented, but NAU is just fine without him. Andre Winston was a very good player for the Vikings, but they have enough backcourt depth to withstand that. Royce Williams could have contributed in a bigger role, and I had heard good things about Josh Fuller as well for the Wildcats.
Beyond that, the transfers out shouldn't really have a big impact on the teams. It's a lot of guys that weren't getting a ton of minutes, so hopefully they can find better situations for themselves elsewhere.
Follow me on Twitter @bigskybball