I haven't been able to write as much this week due to some long workdays, but wanted to post some links to last night's Big Sky games.
Montana beat Northern Arizona 62-56, moving the Grizzlies to 1-0 in conference play, and dropping the Lumberjacks to 1-1.
- Here is Montana's athletic site write-up, and here is Northern Arizona's write-up.
- Here are some postgame comments from Montana beat man Bob Meseroll.
- Here is the article from The Missoulian.
- Jack Central takes a look at the game.
In the other game of the night, Sacramento State held off Montana State, putting the Hornets 1-0 in conference play while dropping the Bobcats to 0-2.
- Here is Montana State's write-up, and here is Sacrameno State's.
- Sac State Sports notes that this is the first time the Hornets have won their conference opener since 2005-06.
- Gidal Kaiser from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle types up his thoughts.
Any thoughts on the games?
Follow me on Twitter @bigskybball
MSU had a poor shooting night and a great first half performance by McKinney (and clutch FT shooting down the final stretch) coupled with a great effort from Veteto inside was enough for a Hornet win. Garrity was too quiet and only put up 3 shots from the floor. The Hornets played sloppily at times and kept the door open for MSU, fortunately the Hornets hung on for the “W”.ReplyDelete