A look at what all of the official sites of the teams have to say heading into the first games of the year...
- Eastern Washington opens on the road at Gonzaga and then at home against South Dakota. EWU is 1-17 all-time against ranked teams... if they get win #2 Jim Hayford will be a hero in Cheney after one game.
- Idaho State travels to Oklahoma for a road test, in what will be Lon Kruger's first game as Sooners coach. What I'll be watching for the Bengals is the play of Melvin Morgan and Jakub Kusmieruk.
- Montana has some unfinished business, and they will start that by traveling to Fort Collins to take on Colorado State. Yours truly will be in attendance and could not be more excited, I think it will be a barnburner!
- Montana State doesn't have an article on the game against Arizona State but rather an article on new recruit Marcus Colbert. He is a PG that will add some nice depth to that position.
- Northern Arizona will play three games in three days, starting with Louisiana, then taking on San Francisco, and ending with North Dakota State. More than anyone else, we will learn about the Lumberjacks this season.
- Getting to know the sophomores of North Dakota, the hope for the future of the program.
- Sacramento State opens at home against Menlo College, a game they should win handily. If you knew Menlo College was located in Atherton, CA, you are either an alum or you are a lot more knowledgeable about California schools than me!
- Portland State takes on Denver to start the year, traveling to the Mile High country for Friday's game. The Vikings are 3-8 all-time against Sun Belt members.
- Southern Utah will be headed to San Diego for the Basketball Travelers Classic. They will take on UC Davis on Friday, San Diego State on Saturday night, and Bryant University on Sunday.
- Weber State is staying home to take on Northern New Mexico. The Wildcats scored 101 in their exhibition game, and they should put up a similar high score against an NAIA team. This should be a drama-free game for them.
Follow me on Twitter @bigskybball